Word Form, Expanded Form and Standard Form Worksheets Updated

The standard form, expanded form and word form worksheets have been updated. Thesesheets deal with composing and decomposing large numbers into various forms, including the spoken-form of numbers.

Previously, problems on some of these worksheets that included a large gap in the place-value sequence would have been translated incorrectly. An example would be a number like 5,000,123 which has no value in the middle thousands triplet. Problems of this sort were quite scarce since the way the previous sets of worksheets were constructed, there was only a 1-in-1000 chance that a particular number would have an incorrectly formed answer.

In turned out, these were exactly the sort of problems we were having trouble with on a quiz here and when I went searching for problems of that type, I actually had to create a whole new series of worksheets that specifically included more zeroes in the problems. These new worksheets are identified in their descriptions as “with gaps” and you’ll find them mixed into the existing series.

Hope your school years are all progressing well!

You’ll find the new worksheets here…

Numbers in Standard, Expanded and Word Form

9 Comments »

1. Can you update the Dad’s rules for any number X 9 also. They are all X5 worksheets.

Thank you!

Comment by Kimber Gorham — October 1, 2009 @ 6:17 am

2. Thanks for catching that Kimber… Those sheets have been fixed now!

Comment by Dad — October 1, 2009 @ 7:44 am

3. Thank you so much for the great resource you provide it is appreciated

Comment by Leesa — October 7, 2009 @ 3:45 pm

4. Thank-you for your website!!!!!! Life and teaching is so much easier:-)

Comment by Shelly McPherson — October 8, 2009 @ 5:52 pm

5. Great site!!!

Comment by Helaina — October 12, 2009 @ 11:01 am

6. Thankyou..so much for this website. I was really having the time of life wondering how to get some thing like this . This is so much at my finger tips. Makes it more easier for practice. It helps me get my daughter to work it out after each chapter she has learned.
    I appreciate your hard work and effort here.

Thank you once again.

Comment by Mini — October 14, 2009 @ 5:56 pm

7. Thanks, Thanks,Thanks. This is better or as good as a website that I’ve purchased (I’m pleased with it as well). My kids hate you!!!! I LOVE You DAD and Daughters!!!

Comment by Thanks, Thank,Thanks. This is better or as good as a website that I've purchased (I'm pleased with it as well). My kids hate you!!!! I LOVE You!!!! — December 26, 2009 @ 9:14 am

8. Great!!!! Thank you so much. Super Duper dad. Very useful website for parents/teachers/students.

Comment by pratima — January 17, 2010 @ 9:24 am

9. I’ve been searching from web site to web site trying to find what i need. well everything is right here

from one dad with two daughters to another,
    thank you so much!!!