DadsWorksheets.com - Thousands of printable math worksheets for teachers, home schooling or general study!
One Dad. Four daughters. 9,251 worksheets... and counting!

Happy First Birthday!

Well, DadsWorksheets.com is now officially one year old. We’ve come a long way. We’ve seen over 300,000 visits to the site that generated over 2.25 million page views. And of course, 3,937 free worksheets.

We’re about to start another school year, which will be fourth grade and kindergarten here. I’m looking forward to the challenges that a new school year brings, and hope you’ll stop by to share in the fun. It will be great to see where we’re at in another year. Thanks for everyone’s support!

12 Comments »

1. I’m really amazed by your work. I hope that somehow this is being lucrative for you. I emailed months ago about the printing problem, and you promptly took care of it. I had to step away from the timing aspect because my 6 year old lacked the motor skills and we were not making any progress. We did a couple of kumon books on addition, subtraction, couting coins, and telling time and we are back. She is two weeks from first grade and today she finished her first timed worksheet.

I’m an ESL teacher and make a lot of worksheets myself. They are usually on word and the graphics and format are not good at all. Could you give me some advice on software I should buy or on a class I should take?

I also work with many teachers and will always recommend this site. Excellent work!

Try adding coins if you can.

Thanks again.

Comment by John — August 3, 2009 @ 5:53 pm

2. Hi John –

Welcome back and I hope both you and your daughter had a great summer break.

All the worksheets generated here are created by Python programs producing raw HTML files, so they’re not exactly end-user friendly, but they do allow me to automate the generation of larger numbers of variations of the worksheets. That’s not a great solution unless you’ve got a knack for software development. I originally started this web site because I found myself laying out a lot of worksheets in Quark Xpress. That’s a little overkill as well, but it worked okay and it was the tool I knew well enough to do the job until we needed more volume here. You could probably do something similar in Pages or Word using text boxes as a layout device.

I know there are some worksheet design programs around on the Internet, but none of them that I found are free… I think I looked at one called “Worksheet Creator” from Schoolhouse Software that looked like you could do a bit with it if you invested some time learning the tool (and bought it obviously). Google’s your friend there. If you’re going to be doing a lot of this sort of thing it may be worth making an investment.

Coins is a great idea… I’ll get that on the list!

Take care!

Dad

Comment by Dad — August 3, 2009 @ 7:14 pm

3. hello….

‘Practice makes man perfect’ you have done wonderful work on every aspects of each subject.

i salute you and your team, who worked harder than government,school and teacher.

every single person who will browse your website will definately refer to friends.

i would rate 10/10 for you efforts.

Comment by Lee Patel — August 4, 2009 @ 2:04 am

4. Thanks Lee! The team of Oompa-Loompas and I have put a few hours in, but it’s been fun and the words of support mean a lot!

Comment by Dad — August 4, 2009 @ 9:02 am

5. Happy Birthday!

Great good fortune to Dad’s Worksheets in the coming year.

Comment by Carol — August 8, 2009 @ 9:34 am

6. Thank you for sharing these worksheets. We encountered a problem with exponents and your worksheets have been very helpful. I will revisit this site soon and will tell our math teach about this wonderful resource

Comment by Shelly — September 1, 2009 @ 7:06 pm

7. Every year that I have taught, my personal goal has been to have one student say “thank you” at the end of the school year. It doesn’t always happen.

I used your worksheets last year and have already tapped into your excellent resources to help my students this year.

“Thank you”

Comment by Mr. O — September 3, 2009 @ 7:09 pm

8. Thanks, Mr. O!

I know I didn’t say as many “Thank yous” to my teachers, especially in high school. Yours here is greatly appreciated.

Comment by Dad — September 3, 2009 @ 7:20 pm

9. This is my first year to home school my 8 yr old son. When I pulled him from public school he was BEHIND in a few areas. Public school was just not meeting his slower thought processing and the teachers did not care to take any time for him. Due to the economy, I had lost my 12 yr. long career. I was worried about having to buy all the 2nd grade math, telling time, etc. material I needed to work on bringing him up to par. THEN- I FOUND YOU!!!! I am sooo very greatful for you and what you have created. You are a blessing!! A lot of my fears were calmed. May God bless you above and beyond your wildest dreams for your generosity.

Comment by Athena — September 21, 2009 @ 10:02 am

10. Hi Athena –

We have several home-schooling friends, and that’s been a real temptation for us here… It’s a real time commitment and I admire anyone for taking it on. I’d encourage you to find other home schooling parents in your area, which will doubtless be a great source of support.

Meanwhile, I’m sure your new career as a teaching parent will be very rewarding, for both you and your son… Thanks for your support and encouragement!

Dad

Comment by Dad — September 21, 2009 @ 10:19 am

11. Thank you so much Worksheet Dad for this publication! My son has just entered 4th grade; he and I are both fighting the long division monster…OK, I admit, I couldn’t remember how to calculate LD with any number of digits long or short…I just remember how difficult it was for me and how at that time I turned off from math; I don’t want that same fate for my son. We are going to try your suggestion of working on one problem per page no matter how many digits are presented. Thank you again! // Rhonda

Comment by Rhonda — October 5, 2009 @ 7:17 am

12. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I finally found a website to help with my after school program.

Comment by Karen — October 10, 2009 @ 8:15 am